State Government started their simplified Amnesty scheme for flat buyers to pay stamp duty on their old documents with less penalty.
Home buyers, who have not completed the registration of their flats, will now be able to do so by paying 10% penalty on deficit amount.
Government Revenue and Forests Department, Mantralaya, Madam Cama Marg, Hutatma Rajguru Chowk, Mumbai 400 032, started above Amnesty scheme from dated 1st March 2019, subject to the following conditions, namely :
(1) The period for filing application for reduction in penalty on the deficient portion of duty, shall be the six months from the date of publication of this Order in the Maharashtra Government Gazette.
(2) The said reduction under this order shall be applicable only to the said instruments, which are executed on or before 31st December 2018.
(3) The applicant shall submit an application in the Form ‘A’ appended hereto, along with original instrument and self-attested copies of supporting documents on or before the last day of the said period.
(4) No refund shall be granted where penalty on the deficient portion of duty has already been paid on any of such instruments, prior to the date of publication of this Order in the Maharashtra Government Gazette.
(5) The party to the instrument or his successor in title or power of attorney holder may apply for reduction of penalty under this Order.
(6) Unstamped instruments which are executed on plain papers shall not be eligible for any benefit under this order; except the instruments executed by Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority, City and Industrial Development Corporation of Maharashtra Limited and Slum Rehabilitation Authority.
(7) The applicant shall be required to pay the deficient portion of duty and penalty as per this
Order within a period of sixty days from the date of receipt of the demand notice issued by the concerned Collector of Stamps, failing which the applicant shall not be entitled for the benefits provided under this Order.
(8) For the purpose of assessment, the applicant has to submit proper evidence thereof as per requirements in the Annual Statement of Rates and Guidelines issued by the Chief Controlling Revenue Authority, Maharashtra State.
(9) The said instruments, for which action under section 31(4), 32A, 33 or 33A or 46 of the said Act has already been initiated or where appeal or review application is pending for decision, before any Court or Authority under the provisions of the said Act, shall be entitled for the benefits under this Order. However, to avail of the benefits under this Order, the applicant shall have to make a fresh application in original in the Form ‘A’ appended hereto:
Provided that, in case where appeal or review application is pending for decision, before any Court or Authority under the provisions of the said Act, the applicant shall have to unconditionally withdraw the case and submit a declaration to that effect along with application under this Order.
(10) The said instruments which were already submitted in the previous Amnesty Schemes notified vide Government of Maharashtra Notifications, Revenue and Forests Department,, but where stamp duty and penalty under the previous Amnesty Schemes have not been paid as yet, are also eligible for the reduction in penalty under this Order. However, to avail of the reduction in penalty under this Order, the applicant shall have to make a fresh application in original in the Form ‘A’ appended hereto.
Agreement or its records or Memorandum of agreement if relating to transfer of tenancy of immovable property for the purpose of residential use.
Conveyance of allotment or transfer or sale of residential or non- residential units or both, as the case may be, of City and Industrial Development Corporation of Maharashtra Limited and Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority alongwith its Divisional boards.
Conveyance of residential or non-residential units or both, as the case may be, allotted to a slum dweller for the purposes of rehabilitation under a Slum rehabilitation Scheme and its subsequent or further transfers.
Conveyance of allotment or transfer or sale of residential units in registered Co-operative Housing Societies which are eligible for deemed conveyance under the provisions of the Maharashtra Ownership Flats (Regulation of the promotion of construction, sale, management and transfer) Act, 1963 (Mah. XLV of 1963) and Rules framed thereunder or whose deemed conveyance is pending.
FOLLOWING INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR MAKING APPLICATION UNDER AMNESTY SCHEME:
- Details of the person:
NAME OF APPLICANT:
Mobile / Phone No. :
Email ID :
PAN Number :
Bank Name and Account Number :
- Date of execution:
- Agreed consideration:
- Details of the property:
(a) Detailed address of property
(Flat / Unit No., Building No. and Name, Location, etc.)
(b) Village / Area / Ward, etc. :
(c) S.No. / C.S.No. / C.T.S. No. / Plot No., etc.
- Area of property Flat Row House / Bungalow /Duplex/Shop (Under SRA Scheme only)
- Other factors affecting the market value
(a) Type of Construction:
(b) Year of Construction:
(c) No. of Floors. :
(d) Lift ( Yes / No ) :
- Stamp duty already paid, if any, on the document.
(a) Amount Rs. :
(b) Date of stamping:
Take the benefit of the scheme. You have only 6 months….. Take Steps
Most of the old agreements face issue at the time of registration of Deemed Conveyance. Now the above decision will help citizens. TO KNOW HOW AMNESTY SCHEME WILL HELP FOR THE CITIZEN APPLYING FOR DEEMED CONVEYANCE- CLICK ME.
Recent judgement by Hon’ble Court will help citizens if they face difficulty while reselling but above decision is better for deemed conveyance. For information on judgement – Click Me.
For more information – Click Me,
Or Contact us on –
217/25, Om Namo shivay Society, Anna Bhau Sathe Nagar, Veer Jijamata Bhosle Marg, Mankhurd West, Mumbai – 400043.